All members and supporters of Wangaratta Hockey Club will show fairness, a competitive spirit and sportsmanship to team members, coaches, managers, other players and spectators. For Juniors, there is a strong focus on participation, encouragement, enjoyment and skill development.
Please read Hockey Australia's player Code of Behaviour, below, before proceeding:
Player Code of Behaviour
- Behave in a sporting manner at all times to all players, officials and spectators.
- Don’t make detrimental statements in respect of the performance of any match officials or umpires.
- Play by the rules at all times and ensure that the game of hockey is not brought into disrepute by your actions.
- Do not engage in inappropriate and/or physical contact with players or officials during the course of play.
- Accept responsibility for all actions taken. Exercise reasonable care to prevent injury by ensuring that you play within the rules. Reasonable care consists of showing due diligence in abiding by the rules and adhering to the officials decisions.
- Adhere to the Anti‐Doping Policy advocated by HA.
- Do not bet on the outcome or on any other aspect of a hockey match or competition.
- Do not try to achieve a contrived outcome to a match or competition, or otherwise improperly influence the outcome or any other aspect of a match or a competition.
- Do not show unnecessary obvious dissension, displeasure or disapproval (by action or verbal abuse) towards an umpire or match official as a consequence of his or her decision or generally.
- Abstain from the use of tobacco and the consumption of alcoholic beverages while in the playing/representative uniform.
- Adhere to HA racial and sexual vilification policy.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Don’t do anything which adversely affects or reflects on or discredits the game of hockey, HA, any SA, or any squad, team, competition, tournament, sponsor, official supplier or licensee, including, but not limited to, any illegal act or any act of dishonesty or fraud.
- Refrain from using obscene, offensive or insulting language and/or making obscene gestures which may insult other players, officials or spectators.
I have read and understood the Hockey Australia Player Code of Behaviour
I agree to abide by this code